The official name of the overall race is the “ULTRA-TRAIL Mt. FUJI”. There are two race categories within the ULTRA-TRAIL Mt. FUJI: The “UTMF“ (Ultra-Trail Mt. Fuji) which takes racers around the entire circumference of Mt. Fuji and the “STY” (Shizuoka To Yamanashi) which goes half way around Mt. Fuji.
ULTRA-TRAIL Mt. FUJI Race Committee
(The Race Committee consists of the Fuji Trail Runners Club (Non-Profit Organization), Fujikawaguchiko Town, Narusawa Village, Minobu Town, Fujinomiya City, Fuji City, Susono City, Gotemba City, Oyama Town, Yamanakako Village, Oshino Village, Fujiyoshida City and R-bies Sports Foundation)
Embassy of France/Institut français du Japon, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan Sports Agency, Transport and Tourism, Japan Tourism Agency, Yamanashi Prefecture, The Yamanashi Nichi Nichi Shimbun/Yamanashi Broadcasting System, Television Yamanashi Co.,Ltd., The Shizuoka Shimbun/Shizuoka Broadcasting System, Shizuoka Telecasting, Shizuoka Asahi Television, Shizuoka Daiichi Television Corporation, K-mix/Shizuoka FM Broadcasting(we are currently in the process of finalizing the above support)、UTMB®
Friday, September 23, 2016 - Sunday, September 25, 2016 (3 days)
|DATE||Friday, September 23, 2016. Starting at 1:00 pm.|
|CUMULATIVE ALTITUDE GAIN||7,500m|
|TIME LIMIT||46 hours|
|# OF RACERS||1,400|
|START / FINISH||Ohike Kouen, Kawaguchiko, Fujikawaguchiko-cho, Yamanashi Prefecture
|DATE||Saturday, September 24, 2016. Starting at 12:00 pm.|
|CUMULATIVE ALTITUDE GAIN||3,700m|
|TIME LIMIT||20 hours|
|# OF RACERS||1,000|
|START||Fujisan Kodomo-no-Kuni, Fuji-shi, Shizuoka Prefecture
|FINISH||Ohike Kouen, Kawaguchiko, Fujikawaguchiko-cho, Yamanashi Prefecture|
Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day, who is in good health and can complete the race without getting lost. For youths who are 18 or 19 years old, parental/ guardian permission is required.
UTMF (ULTRA-TRAIL Mt.FUJI)
- You must have obtained a minimum of 6 points in a maximum of 3 races between March 1, 2014 and February 29, 2016. (Note: 6 points in 4 or more races does not mean qualified.)
STY (SHIZUOKA TO YAMANASHI)
- You must have obtained a minimum of 2 points in a maximum of 2 races between March 1, 2014 and February 29, 2016.
- 2015 List of Qualifying Races in Japan
- Races outside of Japan: A list of qualifying races outside of Japan is available on the UTMB official website.
- You will be required to provide the name and date of the trail race(s) as well as your race number and finish time(s) when registering for the UTMF and STY.
- Important: You must show photo ID when picking up your race number.
Qualifying races for the UTMF 2016 are listed in the “Qualifying Race List for Japan” and the Qualifying Race List on the UTMB website for races outside of Japan. While the UTMB shows both the old and new point system, the UTMF will be using the old point system for 2016.
- UTMF 2015 4 points (old system) / 6 points (new system).
STY 2015 2 points (old system) / 2 points (new system)
|Race Effort (X)||Old Points
Qualifying Points are calculated using the following formula:
X= Distance (km) + Cumulative Altitude Gain (m)/100
where the number of points is determined by the value of X
Starting from next year’s UTMF (2017), we will use the new ITRA (International Trail Running Association) point system (Endurance Points) and will only be accepting races evaluated under the new system.
> As such, we will no longer create a separate race list for Japan.
> The number of qualifying points required for 2017 has not yet been decided.
|Races in Japan||Races outside of Japan||Point Calculation|
|2016 UTMF – List of Qualifying Races in Japan||UTMB Qualifying Race List||Old points|
|Races evaluated by the ITRA (International Trail Running Association)||New points|
CONDITIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS RACE
- As a racer, you understand the unique nature and requirements of competing in an ultra-long distance trail running race. You will be running all day and night through mountainous terrain and have undertaken the necessary training to compete in such a race.
- You are responsible for yourself and have the ability to deal with any problems that may be encountered during the race.
- You are able to deal with, on your own without assistance, deteriorating weather conditions (low temperatures, strong winds, rain and snow) and other troubles expected when traveling across mountainous terrain.
- You are able to physically and mentally deal with extreme fatigue, stomach problems, muscle pain and mild physical injuries on your own.
- You fully understand that you are responsible for overcoming the above conditions1 to 4 on your own and that it is not the responsibility of the race organization.
- You are fully aware that when participating in an outdoor activity such as this race, your safety depends on your own skills and abilities.
- Video/television footage, photos, articles, race results, etc. may be used and/or shown in newspapers, television, magazines, internet, pamphlets, etc. You understand and agree that these rights belong to the race organization and may be used for these purposes.
If during the 2016 race, we find out meet the above race conditions, your entry to the 2017 race may be declined.
RACE ENTRY FEES
UTMF (ULTRA-TRAIL Mt.FUJI)
STY (SHIZUOKA TO YAMANASHI)
Please note: It is customary in Japan for race registration sites to charge a 6% system usage charge. This fee will be added to your registration fee when signing up for the race.
- Cancellations, Race Category Changes, Transfers
- Please be aware that there are no entry fee refunds (full or partial) for whatever the reason once you’ve signed up for the race.
- Race category changes are not allowed under any circumstances. (e.g. You cannot change from the UTMF to the STY or vice versa)
- Your entry (race bib/number) cannot be transferred to another person. If you do so, you, and the person to whom you’ve transferred the race bib to, will be prohibited from entering the UTMF/STY in the future.
- If you’ve signed up for the race through the Japanese registration system and opted to pay via bank transfer, you must make the payment by the payment deadline or your registration will be cancelled. If we receive your bank transfer after the payment deadline, your entry will be automatically cancelled and your payment will be returned to you minus a service charge.