- Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day who can complete the race within the time limit and without getting lost.
- You must have successfully completed races that are registered with the ITRA (International Trail Run Association) and have earned the necessary qualification points below. These races must have been completed within the last 3 years up until the day before the registration start date. However, a minimum of one of these races must have been completed within a year of the race registration up until the day before the registration start date.
UTMF (ULTRA-TRAIL Mt.FUJI)
- A minimum of 12 points in a maximum of 3 races.
- Priority registration will be given to the top 100 finishers in the men's category and the top 20 finishers in the women's category during the 2016 UTMF.
STY (SHIZUOKA TO YAMANASHI)
- A minimum of 5 points in a maximum of 2 races.
- Race registration for the 2018 UTMF is expected to begin on October 16, 2017.
- The above racer qualifications applies to the UTMF 2018, 2019 and 2020 races.
How to look up ITRA points
Go to the official ITRA website: http://i-tra.org/ (available in English, French and Spanish)
Check your own race results
Top Page → Runners → Enter your name and nationality and press enter.
Check races registered with the ITRA
Top Page → Calendar → Enter period, location, etc. and press enter.
For your reference, here is a list of ITRA registered races in Japan as of July 31, 2017 (only available in Japanese)
- ・List of ITRA registered races in Japan.(only available in Japanese)
- You will be required to provide the name and date of the trail race(s) as well as your race number and finish time(s) when registering for the UTMF and STY.
- You will be required to show photo ID (such as a driver's license) at racer check-in