ULTRA-TRAIL Mt. FUJI Race Committee
(The Race Committee consists of the Fuji Trail Runners Club (Non-Profit Organization), Fuji City, Fujinomiya City, Minobu Town, Narusawa Village, Fujikawaguchiko Town,Fujiyoshida City,Oshino Village, Yamanakako Village,Gotemba City, and R-bies Sports Foundation)
SUPPORT BY (subject to change)
Japan Sports Agency, Transport and Tourism, Japan Tourism Agency, Yamanashi Prefecture, Doshi Village, The Yamanashi Nichi Nichi Shimbun/Yamanashi Broadcasting System, Television Yamanashi Co.,Ltd., The Shizuoka Shimbun/Shizuoka Broadcasting System, Shizuoka Telecasting, Shizuoka Asahi Television, Shizuoka Daiichi Television Corporation, K-mix/Shizuoka FM Broadcasting
Friday, April 24, 2020 – Sunday, April 26, 2020 (3 days)
|CUMULATIVE ALTITUDE GAIN||7,580m|
|TIME LIMIT||46 hours|
|# OF RACERS||2,400|
|START||Fujisan Kodomo-no-Kuni, Fuji-shi, Shizuoka Prefecture|
|FINISH||Kawaguchiko Park, Fujikawaguchiko-cho, Yamanashi Prefecture|
- Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day who can complete the race within the time limit and without getting lost.
- Racers must have successfully finished in races that are registered with the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) and have earned at least 10 points from up to three races. These races must have been completed within the last three years up until the day before the registration start date of the UTMF 2020 (between October 16, 2016 and October 15, 2019). However, at least one of these races must have been completed between one year before the registration start date and the day before the registration start date (between October 16, 2018 and October 15, 2019).
CONDITIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS RACE
- As a racer, you understand the unique nature and requirements of competing in an ultra-long distance trail running race. You will be running all day and night through mountainous terrain and have undertaken the necessary training to compete in such a race.
- You are responsible for yourself and have the ability to deal with any problems that may be encountered during the race.
- You are able to deal with, on your own without assistance, deteriorating weather conditions (low temperatures, strong winds, rain and snow) and other troubles expected when traveling across mountainous terrain.
- You are able to physically and mentally deal with extreme fatigue, stomach problems, muscle pain and mild physical injuries on your own.
- You fully understand that you are responsible for overcoming the above conditions1 to 4 on your own and that it is not the responsibility of the race organization.
- You are fully aware that when participating in an outdoor activity such as this race, your safety depends on your own skills and abilities.
- Video/television footage, photos, articles, race results, etc. may be used and/or shown in newspapers, television, magazines, internet, pamphlets, etc. You understand and agree that these rights belong to the race organization and may be used for these purposes.
If during the 2020 race, we find out that you did not meet the above race conditions, your entry to the 2021 race may be declined.
RACE ENTRY FEES（TAX IN）
UTMF (ULTRA-TRAIL Mt.FUJI)
Please note: It is customary in Japan for race registration sites to charge a 6% system usage charge. This fee will be added to your registration fee when signing up for the race.
- Cancellations, Race Category Changes, Transfers
- Please be aware that there are no entry fee refunds (full or partial) for whatever the reason once you’ve signed up for the race.
- Race category changes are not allowed under any circumstances. (e.g. You cannot change from the UTMF to the STY or vice versa)
- Your entry (race bib/number) cannot be transferred to another person. If you do so, you, and the person to whom you’ve transferred the race bib to, will be prohibited from entering the UTMF in the future.
- If you’ve signed up for the race through the Japanese registration system and opted to pay via bank transfer, you must make the payment by the payment deadline or your registration will be cancelled. If we receive your bank transfer after the payment deadline, your entry will be automatically cancelled and your payment will be returned to you minus a service charge.