- Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day who can complete the race within the time limit and without getting lost.
- Racers must have successfully finished in races that are registered with the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) and have earned at least 10 points from up to three races. These races must have been completed within the last three years up until the day before the registration start date of the UTMF 2020 (between October 16, 2016 and October 15, 2019). However, at least one of these races must have been completed between one year before the registration start date and the day before the registration start date (between October 16, 2018 and October 15, 2019).
※A priority registration right for the UTMF 2020 is given to racers who completed the entire 165 km in the UTMF 2019.
※The eligibility remains the same from 2018 to 2020. Yet, the required ITRA point is changed due to the change in the ITRA point regulation.
CONDITIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS RACE
- As a racer, you understand the unique nature and requirements of competing in an ultra-long distance trail running race. You will be running all day and night through mountainous terrain and have undertaken the necessary training to compete in such a race.
- You are responsible for yourself and have the ability to deal with any problems that may be encountered during the race.
- You are able to deal with, on your own without assistance, deteriorating weather conditions (low temperatures, strong winds, rain and snow) and other troubles expected when traveling across mountainous terrain.
- You are able to physically and mentally deal with extreme fatigue, stomach problems, muscle pain and mild physical injuries on your own.
- You fully understand that you are responsible for overcoming the above conditions1 to 4 on your own and that it is not the responsibility of the race organization.
- You are fully aware that when participating in an outdoor activity such as this race, your safety depends on your own skills and abilities.
- Video/television footage, photos, articles, race results, etc. may be used and/or shown in newspapers, television, magazines, internet, pamphlets, etc. You understand and agree that these rights belong to the race organization and may be used for these purposes.
If during the 2020 race, we find out that you did not meet the above race conditions, your entry to the 2021 race may be declined.
October 16, 2019 ~ October 27, 2019 (JST)
November 19, 2019 (JST)
You will receive an email notification about the announcement of the drawing results to the email address that you registered for the entry.
You can check the drawing results on My Page of RUNNET after November 19th.
RACE ENTRY FEES（TAX IN）
Entry fee payment deadline: December 3, 2019 (JST)
Please note: It is customary in Japan for race registration sites to charge a 6% system usage charge. This fee will be added to your registration fee when signing up for the race.
Entry with contribution
Eligibility: Qualified racers who wish to participate in the UTMF and make a monetary contribution of 100,000 JPY to beused for the environmental conservation activities of the NPO Fuji Trail Runners Club
100,000 JPY (including the entry fee)
※Please be aware that you cannot enter for the UTMF even when you make a contribution unless you meet the qualification for the race
Number of entries accepted: 100
- ・The contribution is not tax deductible at this point.
- ・No deposit fee applies to the payment of the contribution and participation fee for racers who select the entry withcontribution.
- ・Your contributions are used for the environmental conservation activities of the NPO Fuji Trail Runners Club including the environmental investigation and maintenance of trails around Mt. Fuji.
Check environmental activities conducted in the past (available only in Japanese):
How to look up your ITRA point, results, and Performance Index
Go to the official ITRA website:http://i-tra.org/(available in English, French and Spanish)
Check your own race results,and performancs Index
Top Page → Find a runner → Enter your name and nationality and press enter.
Check races registered with the ITRA
Top Page →Races→ Calendar → Enter period, location, etc. and press enter.
※Click here for more detailed information → How to check your ITRA
- ・You will be required to provide the name and date of the trail race(s) as well as your race number and finish time(s) when registering for the UTMF.
- ・You will be required to show photo ID (such as a driver’s license) at racer check-in
Cancellations, Race Category Changes, Transfers
- ・Please be aware that there are no entry fee refunds (full or partial) for whatever the reason once you’ve signed up for the race.
- ・Your entry (race bib/number) cannot be transferred to another person. If you do so, you, and the person to whom you’ve transferred the race bib to, will be prohibited from entering the UTMF in the future.
- ・If you’ve signed up for the race through the Japanese registration system and opted to pay via bank transfer, you must make the payment by the payment deadline or your registration will be cancelled. If we receive your bank transfer after the payment deadline, your entry will be automatically cancelled and your payment will be returned to you minus a service charge.
UTMF2019 Top-racer registration (Racers who finished the entire 165 km in UTMF 2019) ：
Registration with donation：