*In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, entries from racers living outside of Japan will not be accepted for the UTMF2021. The entry is open only to racers living in Japan. (Regardless of nationality)
- Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day who can complete the race within the time limit and without getting lost.
- Racers must have successfully finished in races that are registered with the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) and have earned at least 10 points from up to three races. These races must have been completed within the last four years up until the day before the registration start date of the UTMF 2020 (between November 16, 2016 and November 15 , 2020). However, at least one of these races must have been completed between two year before the registration start date and the day before the registration start date (between November 16, 2018 and November 15, 2020).
- Registered racers of the UTMF2020 (racers who had the right to run in the UTMF2020 in all categories including the donation based entry and general category entry) will receive priority entry rights for the UTMF2021 or UTMF2022. Racers who live outside of Japan will receive the priority entry rights for the UTMF2022 only.
The priority entry rights will be given even when racers do not satisfy the ITRA point requirements which are part of the racer qualifications. Still, racers must be sufficiently trained to participate in the race.
- If a racer who has the priority entry right enters through the regular (non priority) entry and wins the lottery, the racer loses the priority entry right and cannot use it for the UTMF2022.
CONDITIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS RACE
- As a racer, you understand the unique nature and requirements of competing in an ultra-long distance trail running race. You will be running all day and night through mountainous terrain and have undertaken the necessary training to compete in such a race.
- You are responsible for yourself and have the ability to deal with any problems that may be encountered during the race.
- You are able to deal with, on your own without assistance, deteriorating weather conditions (low temperatures, strong winds, rain and snow) and other troubles expected when traveling across mountainous terrain.
- You are able to physically and mentally deal with extreme fatigue, stomach problems, muscle pain and mild physical injuries on your own.
- You fully understand that you are responsible for overcoming the above conditions1 to 4 on your own and that it is not the responsibility of the race organization.
- You are fully aware that when participating in an outdoor activity such as this race, your safety depends on your own skills and abilities.
- Video/television footage, photos, articles, race results, etc. may be used and/or shown in newspapers, television, magazines, internet, pamphlets, etc. You understand and agree that these rights belong to the race organization and may be used for these purposes.
- All racers must accept and comply with the UTMF2021 Operation Policy on the Prevention of COVID-19.
If during the 2021 race, we find out that you did not meet the above race conditions, your entry to the 2022 race may be declined.
*In order to prevent the spread of COVID 19, entries from racers living outside of Japan will not be accepted for the UTMF2021.
The entry is open only to racers living in Japan. (Regardless of nationality)
- ・The priority entry(Registered racers of the UTMF 2020)
- October 25, 2020 – October 31, 2020 (JST) Not a lottery.
- ・General category entry(New entry for UTMF 2021)
- November 16, 2020 – November 23, 2020 Lottery.
December 4, 2020 (JST)
You will receive an email notification about the announcement of the drawing results to the email address that you registered for the entry.
You can check the drawing results on My Page of RUNNET GLOBAL after December 4th.
RACE ENTRY FEES（TAX IN）
・The priority entry
Entry fee payment deadline: December 13, 2020 (JST)
Please note: It is customary in Japan for race registration sites to charge a 6% system usage charge.
・General category entry
Entry fee payment deadline: December 13, 2020 (JST)
Please note: It is customary in Japan for race registration sites to charge a 6% system usage charge. This fee will be added to your registration fee when signing up for the race.
Entry with contribution
November 16, 2020 – November 23, 2020
Eligibility: Qualified racers who wish to participate in the UTMF and make a monetary contribution of 64,000 JPY to be used for the environmental conservation activities of the NPO Fuji Trail Runners Club
(A monetary contribution of 64,000 JPY Entry fee 36,000 JPY)
(including the entry system usage charge)
※Please be aware that you cannot enter for the UTMF even when you make a contribution unless you meet the qualification for the race
※No charge is required if racers who registered through the donation based entry in 2020 is registering in 2021.
- ・The contribution is not tax deductible at this point.
- ・No deposit fee applies to the payment of the contribution and participation fee for racers who select the entry withcontribution.
- ・Your contributions are used for the environmental conservation activities of the NPO Fuji Trail Runners Club including the environmental investigation and maintenance of trails around Mt. Fuji.
Check environmental activities conducted in the past (available only in Japanese):
How to look up your ITRA point, results, and Performance Index
Go to the official ITRA website:http://i-tra.org/(available in English, French and Spanish)
Check your own race results,and performancs Index
Top Page → RUNNERS → Find a runner → Enter your name and nationality and press enter. Check the performance index (GENERAL) For ITRA point, please click “Ranking list: Course characteristics.”
Check races registered with the ITRA
Top Page → Races → Enter period, location, etc. and press enter.
- ・You will be required to provide the name and date of the trail race(s) as well as your race number and finish time(s) when registering for the UTMF.
- ・You will be required to show photo ID (such as a driver’s license) at racer check-in
Cancellations, Race Category Changes, Transfers
- ・Please be aware that there are no entry fee refunds (full or partial) for whatever the reason once you’ve signed up for the race.
- ・Your entry (race bib/number) cannot be transferred to another person. If you do so, you, and the person to whom you’ve transferred the race bib to, will be prohibited from entering the UTMF in the future.
- ・If you’ve signed up for the race through the Japanese registration system and opted to pay via bank transfer, you must make the payment by the payment deadline or your registration will be cancelled. If we receive your bank transfer after the payment deadline, your entry will be automatically cancelled and your payment will be returned to you minus a service charge.