Starting this year, the organizer only allow maps of which location numbers remain clearly visible under race conditions.
※Recommended size for one piece of map is A4 (210 × 297 millimeters or 8.27 × 11.69 inches) or larger.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TRAINING / PRACTICE RUNS
- Certain sections of the race course pass through private property where training runs are not allowed. Please cooperate by not entering these prohibited areas during your training runs.
- If you drive out to the trails, please do not park your car along the road. This is illegal as well as an annoyance to the locals as it interferes with traffic. Please make sure you park your car in a public parking lot.
- Please stop running and walk when you meet other walkers, hikers or other people out on the trails observing nature.
- During hunting season, there are hunters with rifles entering the mountains. Make sure to wear bright colored clothing so you can easily be seen by the hunters when out on training runs.
- Please carry a bear bell with you when out on the trails to avoid encountering black bears. However, please refrain from ringing the bear bell within residential areas to avoid complaints from the locals about the noise.
NO PRACTICE / TRAINING RUNS
- START KODOMO-NO-KUNI ～ A1 FUJINOMIYA ～ TENSHIGATAKE TRAILHEAD
- KUMAMORIYAMA ~ YUNOOKU-INOKASHIRA FIRE ROAD (*Refer to practice run map to see route down the mountain)
- Hotel Kaneyamaen
The section between the Start and A1 is private property that may only be entered during the race. Entry is strictly prohibited at all other times.
NO BEAR BELLS SECTION
There are sections along the course where there are many animals living and breeding and are extremely sensitive to noise. The race course also goes through quiet residential areas. You must put away your bear bell and stop it from ringing when running through following "No Bear Bells" sections both during the race as well as during training runs. (Please put the bell in your backpack or pocket).
- START Fujisan Fujisan Kodomo-no-kuni ～ A1 FUJINOMIYA
- Residential area in Fujinomiya city
- Shojiko Lake pension village
- Residential area around Kawaguchiko Lake
- Residential area in Fujiyoshida city
- Residential area in Oshino village
- Residential area around Yamanakako Lake
There are facilities that will be used as aid stations during the race but are off-limits during training runs. Please do not enter the following facilities before or after the race.
- Fujisan Kodomo-no-kuni (Start) ※This facility may be entered during regular operating hours by paying the entry fee.
- Fujinomiya (A4／2012, 2013, 2014 Aid Station, Nishi-Fuji Junior High School, 2015,2016 Oohara Gakuen are also off limits)
- FUMOTO (A2)
- Motosuko Ikoi-no-mori Campground (A3 MOTOSUKO)
Those practicing for the UTMF have received special permission to pass through the camp grounds. Please tell staff when passing through the campground.
- Former grounds of Shojiko Elementary School (A4 SHOJIKO)
- Katsuyama Fueai Dome (A5 KATSUYAMA)
- Oshino Village Town Hall・Sonmin Fureai Hall (A6 OSHINO)
- Fuji elementary school（A9 FUJIYOSHIDA）
If you are going out on a training run, please follow the above rules and have a safe training run. Also, if you find any garbage along the course during your training runs, please, pick it up! Thank you for your cooperation.